Saturday, July 7, 2012

Day Five 7/6/12

This was by far my favorite day. I was so interested in all of the technology presented. I could feel the "wheels turning" in my mind and I love that feeling. It made me want to know more about all of the areas researched. I was in deep thought pondering about all the research possibilities, how hypotheses (plural?) could be tested, technology trends and potential in instruction, how technology is changing the platform of education, ways that our society is evolving around technology, ways that technology could be applied in physical education, ways that social media could tie into physical activity, and how I could get myself to the forefront of all of this research.

I got home late last night and had an 8hr drive to ponder on technology thoughts and reflect on class.
Over all conclusions after reflection: I'm want in on this. I'm hooked on the field of ed.tech. This week was a turning point for me.

And here I sit. Saturday. At a coffee shop. Eager to read every research study I can get my eyes on. I'm eager to make the area of ed. tech my area of research for my dissertation. The wheels are already turning, but it's like any female shopping... I have to observe every piece of clothing in the store, touch it, try it on 3 times, walk around in it a little, and look at all my options in the mirror before I can decide what to buy... or in this case what research gap to focus in on for my dissertation.

One other conclusion from reflection on my long journey home: Liberty University feels home to me. I'm more proud of this university than I am any other of my alma matars. I love the educational culture behind LU: I have developed both professionally and spiritually. For the first time my career, my professional growth, and my faith have become intertwined and it has been a great feeling.  I want to be a part of Liberty University long term. I want to teach at the university level eventually, but I couldn’t see teaching anywhere but LU. I would love to be a part of other students' growth both spiritually and professionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment