Thursday, July 5, 2012

Day 4 7/5/12

Today was packed full of awesome new software to explore!

PowerPoint-Review of features and how to drop things in
StoryBoard- Learned how to use it fr class projects
Photoshop-Great program and good price through Liberty
MovieMaker- My new FAVORITE fun program. I could make all sorts of slide shows of my students'         events (Special Olympics, Disability Sport Activities, Field Day & More!)
Audacity- Completely new to me and want to play around with it more.

Our group spent some more time learning about Elluminate since we will be the moderators during our presentation tomorrow. I've learned a lot from Amy about k-12 outline classrooms and I'm actually looking in to becoming a virtual classroom teacher in GA. I thought I would have to go back to teaching k-5 content, but Amy brought to my attention they have PE teachers and even adapted PE teachers in cyber academies!WOW! That is so cutting edge and would be a blast to learn how to instruct PE from a virtual classroom standpoint. I was so excited about it that I actually started searching for PE job openings in GA and I found several! I was definitely inspired by all of Amy's positive input on internet classrooms and all of technology software exploration in class.

It is pretty bazaar to think about how much technology has changed our society in the past several decades. Today, we were reflecting on the fact that when we were in elementary school, we were just getting computers in the home. Now, we basically all have a computer in our back pocket or purse (our phone!). I think our future is definitely headed into the age of virtual classrooms! 


No comments:

Post a Comment