Today, I learned some of the most simple technologies tricks that will make my life so much easier in the long run. Example: I learned how to change the font and size default on Word. For so long, I have been highlighting and changing the font....It's amazing to me that I didn't think to google this or trouble shoot this sooner! It just went to show me that I am in control of the computer. It is like any other device with a manual; if I simply take the time to explore the manual I can understand the functions.
When I think about a device with a manual, I think about my car. When my 1999 model Chevy finally bit the dust, I got a fancy 2009 model with all the new digital technology and fancy buttons built in. This was amazing to me; I had never had a car with bells, whistles and so many buttons that I didn't know how to function. I was so exited to know what each one did, that I spent hours reading the manual. I liked having the power of reading a manual and understanding what each button did. That car was bought with my own hard earned money and you better believe I was going to use every button in that fine machine to enhance my road trip experiences. This correlates to how I should feel about technology and more so, software. I had no idea that Microsoft Word had so many capabilities! I overlooked all the fancy buttons at the top, just assuming they were over my head and almost afraid to mess around too much and mess something up. Wow! Did I learn a lot today.... and to think I have been wasting my money well spent on purchasing Microsoft Word because I never used half the buttons!Tonight, I think I may just click on every button in Microsoft Word until I fully understand the use of its' "magical powers."
Also on the "to-do" list of exploring magical powers in software: Explore Endnote and OneNote
No comments:
Post a Comment